July 26, 2013

Life Through the Eyes of an Intern: The Summer’s Almost Over

Share:
It’s approaching that time of the year when all the intern’s begin finishing up there big projects and start making plans to move back to college. Lucky for me my internship is a full year not just a summer, so I don’t have to finish up any big projects just quite yet. Since my last update I have accomplished a lot of stuff from my little cubical here in the corner of the office. Some big projects I have been working on include continuing crop progress updates, starting weekly social media questions, and improving our corn products awareness.

Crop progress is getting really interesting right now. If you don’t already follow the updates I encourage you to. We are receiving some wonderful pictures of corn tasseling and silking. Check out our Flickr page to see all the photos that are being submitted each week. We also post updates to Pinterest.

I decided to start posting a question every week on our Facebook and Twitter feeds that asks about corn facts or corn products. These questions will hopefully increase the activity on our social media pages. I have spent two full days now researching questions and then scheduling them to be posted on our social media outlets so if you see those posts you should take a second and answer them!

The final thing I have been working hard on is improving the Corn Board’s educational material for corn products. Starting in August there will be a blog each month about a different product that is made using corn! Some of the products that will be featured are fairly unusual. Also, soon to come will be updates and changes to our corn production section on the Nebraska Corn Board website. The goal of these projects is to increase consumer awareness of how important corn is to their everyday lives.

As you can tell, my big projects for the year are just getting started. Between these projects, State Fair, and the baby mania that is about to strike the office I’m sure I will keep busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment