July 16, 2013

Intern experiences travel, focuses on social media

Share:
Casey CampbellBy Casey Campbell, NCGA-St. Louis Intern

I have learned that interning at the National Corn Growers Association means traveling to many different places, meeting lots of new people from all parts of the industry and always staying busy. Lucky for me, that’s exactly the way I like it.

Earlier in the week I was able to travel up to Bloomington, IL for CTIC’s Conservation in Action Tour. We spent the day learning about soil health, nutrient management, and drainage water management. Because of my past experience working in a soils lab and helping finish a water quality project here at NCGA, not only did I understand what was going on at all the presentations throughout the day, but I really enjoyed it. I also relished in the fact that I was able to meet someone who used to live in Omaha. Despite the fact that she now claims Iowa as home, it’s always fun to go somewhere new and still find fellow Nebraskans.

This Sunday I will be leaving for Washington D.C. for Corn Congress and NCGA’s Action Team Meetings. I will be taking notes for our Ethanol Committee, attending Corn Congress and accompanying Nebraska’s delegates and staff on Hill visits. While I have visited DC before, I can barely remember it, so I am really looking forward to any opportunities I may have to explore the city.

I have been focusing especially on our social media presence here at NCGA. Keeping up with our Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest as well as my own internship blog is practically a full time job in and of itself. I think it’s definitely been paying off though. Our followers are continuously increasing as well as our reach. I am very proud to say that of all the people who interact with our Facebook page, Lincoln, NE has maintained the spot as the number one city that we reach since I started working here.

All in all, I absolutely love NCGA and the state of Missouri, but still, no place beats Nebraska.

No comments:

Post a Comment