May 28, 2013

Life Through the Eyes of an Intern: Busy Start to the Summer

Share:
By: Lauren Ibach, Communications and Outreach Intern

Well…there it goes, week two of my internship complete! I must say time is really flying by this summer. It seems like just yesterday I was walking into the office for the first time. I have accomplished a lot over the past two weeks. I can now answer the phone and transfer calls like a pro!

I have three main projects that I am currently working on. The first one is developing info graphics to use on our social media outlets. So far I have created four pictures that can be used for various promotions and social media. I must say that creating these pictures is harder than I had imagined. I am not a very creative person so designing a format for words to be placed in is a challenge for me; the other confounding factor is that I have only had minimal experience with Photoshop prior to my internship. I’m still no pro at “Photoshop Pro” but I am slowly becoming more confident in my abilities.

The second project that I am working on right now is putting together a brochure for a mission to Japan that the Corn Board is supporting through U.S. Meat Export Federation. This brochure will have a photo of all the delegates attending and a paragraph explaining their role in the mission.

Finally I am putting together an activity for PrarieLand Dairy Days on June 22nd. This is the project that I am most excited about. With this project I am able to experience every part of planning an activity for an event. From the researching and ordering supplies all the way to attending the event and proctoring the activity, I get to do it all.

Some future projects I will be working on are developing videos to post on the Corn Boards Youtube page and attending outreach activities with staff members. Needless to say they are keeping me busy here at the Corn Board, so busy in fact that I slept for 12 hours the other night. Despite the lack available nap time in my days I am enjoying every minute of my internship so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment