May 27, 2016

One last look at my time as the NCB Intern

Share:

Exactly one year ago I was going through the training process for my internship. Morgan Zumpfe, the previous intern, did such a great job teaching me all about what the internship entailed and all of the duties that I would have for the upcoming year. Also during my time with Morgan, we attended the Nebraska Children's Groundwater Festival in Grand Island, and taught Nebraska 4th graders about the importance of water to growing corn. Now, one year later, I have switched roles and am now training Morgan Schilling, who will be replacing me beginning this week as the new Nebraska Corn Board Intern. I know he will be a great addition to the Corn Board team.
During the past year, this internship has allowed me to learn so much about the agricultural industry. Attending ethanol promotions, traveling to Commodity Classic, going on the Nebraska Agribusiness Club Tour, and being a sponsor at Frog Fest were just a few of the highlights of my internship. Through all of my experiences, I have truly grown as an individual. Coming into this internship as a freshman with only one year of college under my belt, I was a little nervous about having an internship so soon, but I am so thankful that the staff at the Corn Board allowed me to have this great opportunity. I have learned more than I could have ever imagined, and this truly was a growing experience over the past year. Although I am sad that my time here has come to an end, I am so excited to see Morgan take over.
I want to extend my thanks especially to the Corn Board staff. These staff members have been there for me from day one, and have been the main reason of why I have enjoyed this internship so much. I can't think of a better group of individuals to come to work with each and every day. You will all truly be missed. Also, I want to thank all Nebraska corn farmers for their continuous support. It is your support that allows students like myself to attain these internships. It is internships like this that grow and develop our next generation of agricultural leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment