March 18, 2014

March Corn Products Spotlight: Diapers

Share:
Where would babies be without corn? This was the article title for one of my most recent discoveries. Each month I research a product that contains corn and publish an informative blog post. Most months I type in a specific product but for March I decided to switch it up, I simply did a Google search for “products that contain corn”. I must admit that the title “Where would babies be without corn?” was not what I was expecting to see at the top of the list. Naturally, I was intrigued by this title and decided to give the article a shot, here is a quick summary of what I learned.

Cornstarch is a mother’s miracle, by this I mean the creation of disposable diapers has saved mothers everywhere countless hours of cleaning cloth diapers. Cornstarch has and incredible ability to absorb liquids and therefore is used in diaper production. The absorbent layer found in modern-day diapers is typically made with acrylic acid. Acrylic acid is a component of ethylene which is a derivative of corn. Cornstarch is not only used in diapers but is usually a main ingredient of baby powder.

You do not have to search hard to find these special corn diapers; in fact you would have to search far and wide to find diapers that don’t contain corn products. The more I have researched corn products the more it has sunk in that we really are living in a world of corn. As for me, I enjoy the common things in life that are made possible by corn. Our country is truly blessed to have hard working farmers and ranchers that provide us with many of the common resources that we often take for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment